4 months ago
Repair Station Assembler
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58317BR Date posted 12/19/City Burnsville
* Test and calibrate parts.
* Accurately read blueprints.
* Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
* Demonstrate proper use of electrical/mechanical measuring devices.
* Take ownership for accuracy of processes and resulting costs.
Accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
* Responsible for quality.
* Meet customer deadlines.
* Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
* Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
* Ability to plan and prioritize work to met production schedules and quality requirements.
* Coordinate production to meet deadlines and quality requirements.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
* Understand end uses of products being built.
* Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements.
* Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
Participate in cost reduction, scrap reduction, lean, process improvement, etc.
* Ability to train/coach others as needed.
* Demonstrate a proactive role in problem solving
* Demonstrates initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
* Understand and use computer tools such as Oracle.
* Achieve special process certification where applicable.
Perform process inspection.
* Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
Effectively interact with others.
* Meet cost goals and determine measures to obtain those goals.
* Participate in cost reduction plans.
* Participate in waste minimization efforts.
* Participate in audits.
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
Previous manufacturing/assembly experience preferred.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.