about 1 year ago
Our Lenexa facility specializes the production of Oxygen Life Support Systems and Galley Inserts Beverage Maker Products. Our Oxygen and Beverage Maker small parts assembly manufacturing, focuses on safety and quality products production into the field for aircraft crew and passengers.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Repair Technician in our Oxygen Systems business located in Lenexa, Kansas.
Reporting to the Repair Station Supervisor, the Repair Technician repairs and services company products and components. The Repair Technician also works on semi-routine assignments where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Tracks, disassembles and checks incoming units to determine what service or repairs are necessary.
* Inspects condition of equipment and components for proper maintenance under warranty agreements.
* Cleans and tests parts; operates soldering and brazing equipment to refit components.
* Sets-up, calibrates and operates test equipment to measure performance levels of electrical and mechanical components.
* Orders replacement components and parts as needed.
* Tracks and logs repair work and completed work orders.
* Cleans and maintains work areas and shop equipment.
* This is an FAA-covered position. In this position you are subject to drug and alcohol testing prior to starting in the position and to an Anti-Drug and Alcohol random testing program throughout your employment in the Repair Station.
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
* Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to employees of organization.
* Strong trouble shooting experience with mechanical and electrical components/equipment
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.