|Description||Denver-based Frontier Airlines is proud to be one of the nation’s premier low cost airlines and our cost-conscious model focuses on offering our passengers ‘Low Fares Done Right’. At Frontier, we are committed not only to providing an affordable, “unbundled” fare that makes air travel accessible to everyone, but also to ensuring that our passengers reach their destination safely, on time, and receive friendly service along the way. Because of our wildly popular model and strong corporate governance, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and always looking for new people to join our team.
Frontier, the premier Ultra Low Cost Carrier is looking for a Revenue Accounting Specialist. This position ensures passenger transactions are reported, balanced and correctly recorded in the revenue accounting system, and assist in assuring correct financial reporting of revenue.
• Research and resolve error queue transactions within deadlines, including correspondence with internal and external contacts as necessary.
• Research and process manual customer refund and credit card transactions within deadlines.
• Monitor credit card transactions for fraudulent activity and resolve disputed transaction claims (chargebacks) to mitigate losses.
• Set up and maintain specialty sales programs, customer credits/vouchers, and travel agency accounts/commissions in the revenue accounting and reservations systems.
• Audit travel agency and OTA bookings and create debit memos for contract compliance violations.
• Audit fare overrides and fee waivers for policy compliance and compile statistical reports of results.
• Prorate fares and allocate taxes/fees to appropriate flights.
• Compile and distribute daily and monthly revenue statistics reports.
• Compile reports and schedules to support general ledger entries for month-end closing.
• Analyze transactions and prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
• Associate’s degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping; relevant coursework and comparable accounting experience considered in lieu of degree
• Minimum 1 year airline experience preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; Internet Explorer; Windows 7
• Keying skills of 45 wpm alphanumeric or 100 kpm numeric (10-key) and demonstrated skills in Excel
• Working knowledge of revenue accounting software
• Available to work occasional extra hours throughout the year based on departmental needs
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.