6 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Job Title: RF Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Date: November 2016
Summary: Provide RF engineering design, analysis and resolution of product issues. Coordinate with engineers and designers to successfully complete design and certification (if applicable) of commercial and government products.
Essential Duties and Skills: (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
* Follow and implement the company’s established work instructions.
* Perform detailed RF electrical engineering analysis and studies including but not limited to signal integrity, harmonics, oscillations, load flow, short circuit studies, coordination studies, component de-rating analysis, to ensure compliance with specifications and customer requirements.
* Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
* Confers with engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
* Coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
* Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
* Analyzes test data and prepares reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
* Develop RF electrical engineering documents to include diagrams, electrical interconnections, schematics, specifications, I/O diagrams.
* Be able to understand and design to meet FCC and other applicable RF regulations.
* Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Responsible for RF electrical engineering and design cost estimates for engineering projects
* Compile data and write reports regarding any testing conducted during the development of a project.
* Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
* Participate in design reviews.
* Works within company guidelines including but not limited to what is outlined in the Employee Handbook, Core Values, Safety Manual, OSHA Safety rules, Insider Trading, Conduct and Ethics and Anti-discrimination policies.
* Perform other duties as needed.
* Must possess knowledge of RF electrical engineering.
* Must be detail orientated and be capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines, Program Managers, other departments and customers as needed.
* Must be able to create PCB designs, or supervise the creation of PCB designs.
* Must be able to work with limited supervision, able to follow directions.
* Must be results oriented while maintaining attention to detail.
* Must possess ability and willingness to learn.
* Must have a proven track record of accomplishment as a lead design engineer on projects and be capable of directing a team of engineers, designers and support personnel.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
Education/Experience (language, math, computer):
* Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school, with a minimum of 3-4 years of experience preferred.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, internet, e-mail
* Altium skills (preferred)
* PCB Design skills
* RF design circuitry skills
* Proficient circuit analysis skills
* Must have excellent English language communication skills sufficient to perform job functions
* Advance mathematical ability (exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, permutations and calculus) (Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis)
* 15% travel could be required for this position.
* Work usually takes place in office setting.
Lean Practices/Maintenance of Work Area:
* Each employee has the responsibility to keep his or her immediate work area safe, clean and tidy. Filing should be up-to-date. There should be a place for everything and everything should be kept in its place.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds
* Walk in order to accomplish tasks
* Climb stairs
* Express ideas by means of spoken words
* Sit for long periods of time
* Close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal for long periods of time
* Occasionally stoop, kneel or crouch
* Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
Must have the proper documentation to work in the USA.
No Phone Calls Please
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - MFVH
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.