4 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
The Ring Finishing Cell Technician is a CNC machine operator position. This position utilizes the operator’s skills and knowledge to perform and maintain all manufacturing processes efficiently within the Ring Finishing Cell to produce aerospace bearings.
1. Perform manufacturing processes including the setup and operation of CNC grinding, turning, and honing machines as well as other ancillary equipment in the area.
2. Inspect manufactured components for conformance to specifications using bench and electronic gauging.
3. Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including machine setup and operation, process verification, product inspection, documentation, material handling, etc.
4. Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
5. Perform preventative maintenance tasks and enhance machinery performance to prevent machine downtime.
6. Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
7. Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
8. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
9. Follow all safety rules and regulations.
10. Support improvement projects as assigned.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Basic mathematical and mechanical skills required
* Good written and verbal skills
* Basic computer interface skills
* Attention to detail and ability to follow work instructions
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and acceptance criteria
U.S Citizen or Green Card Holder required.
RFC Technician - Level 1
RFC Technician - Level 2
RFC Technician - Level 3
RFC Technician - Level 4
RFC Technician - Level 4 (Alt)
(based on requirements from TEF 1-170, Ring Finishing job skill summary sheet)
UMM (includes normalizer)
Surface Ring Grinder
General Physical Requirements:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
* Standing/Walking for the duration of the shift (10-12hrs)
* Occasional lifting up to 30lbs
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Vision Protection
* Latex Gloves (Dyneema Cut Resistant Gloves when necessary)
* Safety Shoes
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.