8 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
* Perform a variety of designated gauge set‑ups, visual and dimensional inspection operations in the inspection of rollers and to sort for size as well as finish packaging and identification,
* following accepted practice.
* Set‑up and operate Censor Gauge and operator Squareness Gauge, OOR Gauge.
* Responsible for seeing that all special requirements such as stability checks, nital etch, Magnaflux, etc. have been met.
* Refer to Roller documents to determine dimensional requirements.
* Work to close tolerances requiring constant visual attention to assure maintaining accurate size control. Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision without error.
* May perform limited machine operator or helper duties as required in roller manufacturing.
* Train employees as required.
* Record appropriate data on designated forms as required
* Perform in‑process audits, on all roller manufacturing operations from turn to finished product.
* Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to
* supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
* Perform other related duties as required or directed.
* US Citizen or Green card holder
* Excellent shop math competency and the ability to quickly learn new processes, procedures, and machines/gauges.
* Exceptional attention to detail with respect to quality of work (parts and paperwork)
* The ability to work as part of a team in order to meet company and departmental goals
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
* The ability to read and interpret prints and in-process work instructions
* Previous experience with SAP
General Physical Requirements:
Check the requirements which are essential to the performance of the task assigned to this position:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to safely lift 30 pounds.
* Must be able to pass a vision test.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Safety glasses and steel toe/slip resistant/shock resistant shoes are required at all times on the shop floor.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.