7 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
* Perform various designated roller machine operating duties pertaining to the manufacturing of rollers. Make minor adjustments on machines after the initial set‑up has been made following established procedures.
* Dress wheels, change belts and make size adjustments on designated machines while on a production run.
* Operate machines such as: Turn, Hone, Grind and Chamfer.
* Use gauging equipment as needed for sorting rollers or running production.
* Interpret drawings, specifications, and process sheets as pertain to the particular operation being done.
* Responsible for spot checking as often as necessary to assure quality, also to run efficiently during production run.
* Inspect own work; correct or report detected discrepancies to supervisor. Train employees as required. Record appropriate data on designated form(s) as required.
* Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
* Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
* Perform other related duties as required or directed.
General Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum High School Diploma or GED
* Above average Mechanical Aptitude & Shop Math competencies.
* Attention to detail, able to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient & productive.
* Strong ability to follow written & prescribed work instructions/procedures & tasks.
* Basic computer skills; including but not limited to MS Office Suites (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Problem solving methodology for troubleshooting problems encountered that are typically dissimilar and have a number of solutions.
* This position requires both hands and legs, both near/far vision, and able to pass the forced whisper hearing test.
* Must be physically able to climb ladders to heights not to exceed 12 feet & able to lift up to 30 pounds.
* Requires operating powered equipment & using hoist assist lifts.
* Extensive periods of walking & standing within the shift.
* U.S. citizen or green card holder required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.