5 months ago
* Responsible for providing high-value, differentiated customer service to Delta's top corporate and agency accounts via incoming phone call or e-mail as well as proactive outbound communication.
* Responsible for building and maintaining strong customer relationships and negotiating effective business decisions with positive results that support Sales' global strategy and Delta's high-value accounts.
* Provide accounts with information regarding sales programs and policies, resolve agency ticketing issues, interpret fare rules, offer win-win customer-focused solutions to various ticketing and travel related issues and assist with authorized business travel exceptions.
* Opportunities to support the Global Sales organization as liaison on behalf of the sales team by providing program information, research and resolution of service failures via a call center environment, attend joint sales calls/customer events and conduct outbound sales call campaigns to support new sales programs, products, services and Delta's and the JV's position in the marketplace.
* Successful candidate must remain knowledgeable and current on Delta products, policies, ticketing and fare rules.
* Schedule flexibility is a must, as work shifts vary from overnight, weekend, rotating and fixed schedules with variable days off, based upon operational need.
* Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree preferred or 2 years equivalent work experience in a call center, customer service, marketing or sales positions.
* Proficiency in English, and Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, or Mandarin preferred.
* Current or past experience in Reservations Sales or travel agency and knowledge of Axis, GDS systems and DL Term preferred.
* Must have excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively negotiate sound business decisions and apply creative problem solving techniques.
* Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment.
* Working knowledge of travel agency industry policies and ticketing procedures is a plus.
* Must be a self-starter, willing to support a global 24/7 operation, as well as assigned weekends, holidays and overnight shifts, as needed.
* Proficient PC skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
* Must be willing and able to travel occasionally.