Executive Jet Management, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is seeking qualified candidates for multiple Sales Consultant openings at our Corporate Headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Purpose of Position:
The Sales Consultant role is the front line for the EJM Charter Sales organization. The Sales Consultant is the first point of contact for prospective EJM charter customers. Prospecting and reaching out to prospective customers is the key component of the position. The Sales Consultant must possess skills to generate leads and qualify potential customers that are made up of CEO-level decision makers and high net-worth individuals. The Sales Consultant is responsible for generating revenues for the organization through cold calling, in-person meetings, qualifying individuals based upon their decision making ability, financial capacity and need/desire for EJM's services, and an independent, proactive search for potential clients that have an identifiable need for EJM's services. The Sales Consultant must qualify these individuals financially by their ability to make a purchase and will employ a combination of mining internal databases, researching external sources, and initiating contact with the decision maker by way of telephone, email, or written correspondence. The Sales Consultant must be comfortable dealing with high powered executives, the ultra-wealthy and their financial advisors. The Sales Consultant understands the prospect's unique needs in order to appropriately recommend aircraft and products for the prospect.
Major Duties/Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Educate, consult and advise prospective customers on private aviation and EJM products through detailed explanations and understanding of individualized needs. Develop and present proposals for individualized product assessment. Organize, follow up and manage the prospect universe for each territory opportunity recording all interactions with potential customers in EJM's CRM tool. Drive the initial evaluation and qualification of the customer opportunity. This is accomplished through a series of verbal and/or written consultations, while simultaneously utilizing third party resources to verify that the opportunity makes good business sense for the company to explore. The evaluation and qualification stages involve independent research and analysis by the Sales Consultant to help them fully understand the scope of the opportunity. Develops, defines, and executes the segmentation strategy of potential customers in EJM's CRM tool and uses the segmentation plan to uncover new business opportunities to direct Outside Charter Sales Vice Presidents to prospective customers. Develop a pipeline of potential customer opportunities. Once the Sales Consultant has confirmed that an individual or Company is qualified to make a purchase with EJM, it is their responsibility to keep in touch and communicate relevant updates and information until the timing is right to move forward. Part of the segmentation responsibilities involve the decision to isolate these prospects from the rest of the database, determining the appropriate amount of follow up and relationship development, making the decision to move forward with setting up a meeting with the Outside Charter Sales VP who, ultimately will close the deal.
- Evaluate, develop and execute strategy for territory segmentation for each assigned region optimizing current opportunities and developing like segment opportunities. A Sales Consultant has the responsibility of strategizing their daily approach to prospecting. Utilizing the knowledge of where EJM's current customers reside, companies/industries that need private aviation as a business tool, and difficult city pairs within one's territory, the Sales Consultant strategically plans their weekly activity. The Sales Consultant is accountable for segmenting the data in EJM's CRM tool to further organize these efforts. Every Sales Consultant has the ability to define which segment of their market they wish to develop to grow the new business revenue for EJM. Develop and deploy communication to competitive prospective Owners using the EJM's value proposition as it relates to the competitive environment. Consult, educate and advise Sales and Marketing management on territory opportunities relating to trends or competitive developments. Meet and/or exceed activity goals as it relates to number of new clients and set meetings.
- Travel in territory for face-to-face prospect meetings with decision makers, or support of client and prospect events including: trade shows, aircraft static displays, demonstration flights, facility tours, golf outings, misc. business dinners, etc. When the Sales Consultant is in territory at the events, their primary responsibility is to converse with the prospects, further communicating the intricacies of the program relative to that potential customer's specific needs.
- Handle in-coming calls and inquiries originating from the EJM website from prospective customers. Research and update database with all information found on prospects (biographies, previous aviation experience, contact information, decision making process, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Business, Marketing, or Communications
- Related Work Experience: 2-4 years'
To perform this job effectively one must:
- Be a private aviation subject matter expert.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, with the ability to adapt to constantly changing situations and many different personalities.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and sales database management.
- Travel to industry trade shows, customer events and prospect meetings as required.
- Must be self-motivated and service minded.
- Must be organized and persistent in follow-through in tasks throughout a long-term sales cycle.
- Sales skills a must in order to be groomed for Sales VP role.
- Ability to sell products in person and via telephone without fear or apprehension of cold calling
- Knowledge of commercial Customer Relationship Management tools is preferable.
- Full complement of attractive benefits to our team members, including Medical, Dental and Vision.
- 401(k) Savings Plan. The company provides a 52% matching contribution of your pretax contributions, up to the first 20% of your contributions per pay.
- Company provided Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Prescription Drug Benefit Plan
- Two-week paid vacation
Executive Jet Management is an equal opportunity employer.
To ensure a safe environment, we conduct pre-employment drug screening and background checks.