7 months ago
Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 51122BR Date posted 07/14/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) business unit is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning Manager. The selected candidate for this key position will lead the Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning Process, (SI&OP/S&OP) for the Electric, Environmental and Engine Systems (ES) Business Unit.
The Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning Manager (SI&OP) will be responsible for ensuring enterprise-level alignment between the financial plan, customer demand, and the operations plans across multiple sites and through the supply chain in effort to ensure strong operational performance. The selected candidate will also support the development of key processes and tools to help drive SI&OP process maturity and ensure alignment to Standard Factory. This position will require a highly adaptable leader, who can coordinate a cross-functional team at varying levels of the organization and balance the often conflicting and variable requirements of customers and stakeholders with strategies that will yield strong performance results for the business.
Additional responsibilities will include:
* Leading multi-level SI&OP reviews, including at the senior leadership level
* Collaborating with Finance, Contracts/Programs, Materials Management, Supply Chain and Operations to validate demand and ensure alignment with supply chain delivery and shop capacity across ES sites
* Assessing impact on Sales, EBIT, Inventory & Cash associated with SI&OP analysis and strategy
* Delivering executive level reports and reviews
* 5-7 years of related experience
* Experience in an operations environment
* Demonstrated leadership experience including cross-discipline collaboration
* Ability to motivate and drive change
* Experience in senior level reporting and communications
* Strong analytical skills
* Solid work ethic with a focus on results
* Knowledge of ACE and Lean principles, tools and processes
* Knowledge of the operating system, SAP, is highly desirable
* BA/BS degree in supply chain management, materials management, logistics, business/finance or equivalent is required
* MBA preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.