about 1 year ago
Sales Manager, CARE Programs
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 43403BR Date posted 03/20/City Windsor Locks
Country United States
Introduction to UTC Aerospace Systems
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES)
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The ES Aftermarket organization is seeking a Sales Manager for its flight hour based accessory maintenance and asset management business, reporting to the General Manager, CARE Programs. In this key role, the Sales Manager will implement winning strategies to identify, negotiate and capture new long term maintenance agreements for the ES portfolio of electric, engine and environmental control system products.
The Sales Manager shall be responsible for:
* Developing strong relationships internally, with external customers, and with airframe/engine Original Equipment Manufacturing contacts to help identify and validate growth opportunities
* Establishing individual customer campaign strategies and gain buy-in from key stakeholders
* Leading proposal development efforts to ensure timely and complete delivery of proposals which maximize aftermarket profits, mitigate risks and provide value to the customer
* Participating in direct negotiations with the customer as the ES Aftermarket business expert
* Effective interpersonal skills and influencing abilities with internal and external customers
* Strong customer focus
* Industry knowledge, and understanding of airline operations and maintenance cost concepts
* Demonstrated business acumen
* Technical background
* Leadership and teamwork
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or a related field with 10+ years of relevant work experience
Master’s degree in engineering. Business or a related field with 7+ years of relevant work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.