about 1 month ago
Requisition ID: 6351
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sales Manager, West Coast North America to join our team in DFW Airport, TX (INC) (5085). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Sales Manager will be a self-motivated person with high-energy, passion and the assertiveness to develop and grow the commercial relationships with our customers.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for developing business plans and strategies to drive sales in the Western US and Canada Market
* Achieve sales targets for Rockwell Collins' Airport IT Systems
* Lead business development of new accounts from prospecting through to contract negotiation
* Work with the Account team as the sales specialist on major contract renewals and extensions
* Build and maintain strong and properly qualified pipeline of sales opportunities in SalesForce
* Report on progress towards achieving sales goals
* Contribute to the preparation of budgets, Sales reviews and represent Rockwell Collins IMS at Airports related industry forums
* Attend regular sales/business unit meetings as appropriate
* Keep current on all competitive activities as well as any new entrants to the marketplace
* Ten or more years of sales or related industry experience
* Track record of personally winning $1m+ sales deals in a competitive environment
* Demonstrable experience of senior sales/business development within the airport/air transport/ground handling industries
* Experience of complete sales-cycle in public procurement tenders
* A clear understanding of passenger & baggage processing plus future trends, including an understanding of Departure Control Systems.
* Possess experience in writing proposals and winning business via competitive tenders/request for proposals
* Ability to quickly grasp the technology and product concepts to translate their value to customers.
* Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Significant experience of selling IT solutions in the air transport industry
* A clear understanding of key performance indicators, both financial and otherwise
* Proven ability to report against these indicators
* Experience and proven ability of representing a company to all customers, suppliers and control authorities.
* Proven sales, business development or related industry experience.
* Ability to quickly adapt to a changing business environment and priorities. Must be skilled at complex problem solving and managing multiple projects at the same time
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.