4 months ago
Under minimum supervision, deploys systems engineering philosophies throughout the design and development process, from concept definition through product support, to ensure a robust design and optimum usability in the operation, maintainability, and/or manufacturing of an aircraft and/or aircraft systems. Primary focus is Requirements Management using the IBM Rational DOORS software or similar database.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Improve upon current requirements management processes and drive their use for future projects and programs.
2. Set up Requirements Management system database within DOORS to meet program needs and Gulfstream systems engineering guidelines.
3. Administer the DOORS database throughout a program lifecycle, ensuring appropriate permissions are assigned, user access is granted, data is maintained, and requested reports are published in the correct format.
4. Support periodic assessments of the requirements management processes/system to ensure consistent and appropriate usage.
5. Create open communication channels with development engineers and management, to provide support or guidance as required, in requirements management principles and guidelines, and the DOORS database application.
6. Create specific milestones and deliverables that can be integrated in the overall project product plan and schedule.
7. Collaborate on the development of new technology to support the continuous improvement of the requirements management tools.
8. Develop standards and guides for DOORS utilization methods and processes.
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Education & Training Requirements:
1. Experience with DOORS software is preferred.
2. Experience with JAMA software is preferred.
3. Experience with Object oriented tools, C++, or Visual Basic is preferred.
4. Experience with system modeling software (sysML) is preferred.
5. Knowledge of SAE ARP 4754 is preferred.
6. Knowledge of FAA and EASA certification regulations is preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 5 yrs in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred 2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Languages Required (in addition to English): English
Requisition Number: 82582
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
3 months ago
only 10 days until close