2 months ago
Section Chief - Engineering - Systems Stress-MON14513
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Supervise the full integration of the engineering group reporting to you within Integrated Product Development Team and to provide guidance to all team members.
- Support the System structural sizing for Static, Fatigue and Endurance in order to demonstrate compliance with Technical Requirement Documents.
- Evaluate Quality of technical content and ensure timely delivery of all system stress deliverables.
- Oversee System stress approval of QTP/QTR for all certification test rigs and support to test execution.
- Ensure Quality and timely delivery of Engineering Data Sets (Drawings) within Integrated Product Development Team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring.
- Manage the performance (PMP / PDP) of your team.
- Other duties will evolve with the program and a flexible approach will be required.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering and a minimum of eleven (11) years of relevant experience in the aerospace industry.
- You can demonstrate sufficient knowledge in System Stress Analysis and sizing of aircraft component in Static, Fatigue and Endurance.
- You have knowledge of certification requirements and experience in dealing with certification authorities is an asset.
- This position requires a confident, knowledgeable and energetic person with good communication skills, who is willing to lead and coach and accept responsibilities in an IPDT working environment.
- You can demonstrate skills in providing technical and administrative direction to less experienced professionals
- You can demonstrate ability to work unsupervised.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 29.09.2017, 5:44:59 PM
14.10.2017, 3:59:00 AM