6 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Maintain the administration of the Controlled Goods Program and Industrial Security Program L3 WESCAM.
* Work with and assist Compliance Security Specialist
* Provide oversight and guidance of the L3 WESCAM Controlled Goods Program, acting in the capacity as a Designated Official.
* Act as Alternate Company Security Officer (ACSO) for L3 WESCAM.
* Coordinate and monitor with L3 WESCAM and PWGSC Industrial Security; Visit Clearance Requests (VCR), domestically and internationally international (classified and unclassified) visits
* Process Controlled Goods security assessments for WESCAM employees, including security assessments, reference checks, and maintain record keeping.
* Track and monitor the status of consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors to L3 WESCAM.
* Facilitate and provide guidance to L3 WESCAM on assessments for vendors and contractors for Controlled Goods status.
* Coordinate and facilitate with L3 WESCAM HR Managers Foreign Visits and Temporary Worker applications, through Controlled Goods Program.
* Prepare reports and information updates for Industrial Security and Controlled Goods Programs as required by management or government.
* Coordinates Badge Program; processes security badge information, employee photos and issues badges.
* Monitor and track the weekly operations and deliverables of the L3 WESCAM Security Department.
* Handle the department financial activities; POs and invoices.
* Provide guidance and assistance to the Security Specialist Compliance.
* Work with department Summer Student in meeting their respective goals and objectives.
* Support Security Department FY objectives and strategic goals
* Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and specific applications such as ETAS, Super HR, HTML.
* A very effective communicator, in speaking with Government, Provincial, and Military/Security officials in the capacity of Controlled Goods, Industrial Security Procedures, and Visit Clearances coordinator.
* Sound communication skills in speaking with all levels of employees and management.
* Effective trainer, in the delivery of Security Training/Briefing sessions.
* Excellent administration and organizational skills.
* Proficient in being well organized in day to day activities.
* Quick learner of Controlled Goods and Industrial Security policies and procedures.
* Must hold or be eligible to hold an Industrial Security Clearance to the level of NATO Secret
Experience & Education Requirements
* 2-5+ years in Administration
* College / University Degree
* Experience dealing with all levels of employee and management in a medium to large organization.
* Proven track record of being a self starter.
* Dealing with external agencies of WESCAM; Government, Provincial, and military.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam