9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
To learn more about the history of WESCAM..
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Key contributor to the Accounting and Compliance Excellence team (ACE).
* Provide finance, accounting and compliance support to Sensor Systems Segment ($1.5 billion Revenue, 30 locations)
* Design, strategize and implement the vision for Sensor Systems Segment compliance
* Business partner to Segment, Sector and Division Senior Management
* Coordinate, test, summarize, and report on Segment due diligence for the quarterly management representation process
* Recommend and create new tools and processes to support the Segment quarterly management representation process
* Aid in managing risks to compliance with GAAP, L3 Corporate Policy, and Sarbanes Oxley within all divisions of the Segment
* Segment resource and expert in US GAAP, SOX and Corporate Policy
* Co-lead revenue recognition project (ASC605 to ASC606)
* Coordinate and consolidate downstream ad hoc requests
* Support or co-lead major process improvement projects
* Participate in other Special Projects when required
* Other ad hoc analysis
* Travel to Divisions when required (~10%)
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley
* Excellent verbal and written communicator, able to interface with senior management
* Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment
* Highly organized and able to self-prioritize with multiple conflicting deadlines
* Continuous improvement mindset
* Advanced knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint (MS Office)
* Excellent analytical skills
* A creative problem-solver
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum 5 years’ experience
* CPA required
* Experience in external or internal auditing
* Experience with HFM and SmartView report writing an asset
* * L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam