7 months ago
The Revenue Management Systems team is responsible for the deployment, refinement, and maintenance of all inventory, pricing, revenue integrity, application development tools and other systems used within the revenue management department. The senior analyst provides front-line business and technical support of these systems, and manages the relationship with JetBlue's IT department and business partners for secondary support. The senior analyst is also responsible for constantly improving the effectiveness of the department through regular systems training, systems enhancements, bug-fixes, implementation of new technologies, and by ensuring reasonable uptime of systems.
The senior analyst will develop robotic applications in support of revenue protection, leakage minimization, manual task automation, productivity cost savings and other initiatives.
The senior analyst will implement business rules to adjust or restrict flight availability as needed for schedule extension, point of sale, black-out, circuitous routes, subject to government approval, codeshare and other tactical or strategic initiatives.
In addition, the senior analyst will conduct data analytics studies to identify patterns and "hidden" revenue opportunities using pattern recognition, cluster analysis, or other artificial intelligence theory, concepts and algorithms.
• Serves as a liaison with the IT department as well as with external groups and business partners engaging in the identification, development, and testing of new applications and enhancements as they relate to revenue planning systems
• Develops revenue integrity robotic applications to automate tasks, protect revenue and reduce cost
• Implements business rules to adjust or restrict flight availability using SabreSonic Inventory (SSI)
• Develops and implements algorithms to identify patterns and "hidden" revenue opportunities
• Assists in evaluating forecasting and optimization models for the revenue planning system
• Assists in identification of system failures and in the resolution of problems during system downtime
• Ensures compatibility of peripheral systems to the revenue planning system
• Works with IT managers to ensure integrity of the revenue planning data and hardware infrastructure
• Engages in other ad hoc projects and assignments as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, physics, applied mathematics, operations research or closely related technical field
• Three (3) years of airline revenue management
• Two (2) years of airline revenue integrity experience
• Proficient with software development and object-oriented programming language
• Proficient with Sabre Revenue Integrity (RI/RIE) or similar tool
• Knowledge of PNR life cycle
• Proficient with databases, SQL and/or SAS
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and diagnostics skills
• Strong attention to details
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision
• Customer service orientation and ability to develop relationships across departments
• Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in computer science, engineering, physics, applied mathematics, operations research or closely related technical field
• Knowledge of Sabre Qik application development tool
• Proficient with SabreSonic Inventory (SSI) or similar tool
• Knowledge of pattern recognition, cluster analysis, or related artificial intelligence theory, concepts and algorithms
• Knowledge of Spotfire
• Knowledge of C#, C++, Perl
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
• Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
• When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
• Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement