2 months ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks a Senior Business Analyst.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for leading technical initiatives in support of the internal and/or external customer(s). This individual will be a liaison between the business and technology counterparts and will be expected to master an understanding of the business unit's systems, capabilities, and respective technologies.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- The Senior Business Analyst will assist in analysis, evaluation, implementation, and support of systems developed internally and/or externally with an outside vendor.
- Develop cost/benefit and risk analysis, work plans, progress reports, and presentations.
- Maintain and communicate project status reports and tracking.
- Provide user support and coordinate resolution of issues to include change management, root cause analysis, and appropriate escalation as needed
- Individual will be expected to drive and document research and analysis and communicate findings and recommendations to internal customers, including senior management, in a clear and concise manner.
- Participate in business process redesign and support as needed.
- Troubleshoot, coordinate, and maintain production systems/programs/applications, as needed.
- The Senior Business Analyst will take a leadership role on the team to ensure that the assignments are completed on time and to the standards expected within the department.
- Must work independently and efficiently, often without direct supervision, and be able to mentor and develop other team members.
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
- Must have ability to positively handle/manage stress, such as high work volume and frequent change
- Travel, up to 20%; possible international travel
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration with five (5) or more years of IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- The ideal candidate has the above with five (5) or more years of airline business and/or technical experience
- Knowledge of utilizing SOAP UI for analysis purposes is preferred
- Familiarity with Deltamatic or any airline related reservation system is preferred
- Experience with performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Riverbed, SiteScope, is a plus
- Must have a strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life-cycle (SDLC) and Agile Methodology
- Should be Proficient in using Agile Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of incident management response processes is a plus
- Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Individual should possess the ability to resolve problems in a calm and quick manner and should display a high degree of initiative and drive
- Maintain continuous communication with customer and team members and promote a team environment
- Strong customer service focus and analytical problem solving skills are desired.
- You should be detail oriented with strong organizational and decision making skills.
- Need to have strong performance attributes and be comfortable as a technical leader responsible for providing consistent direction and well thought out solutions.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills as they must be able to work well with a diverse group of people with varying degrees of skill.
Delta Air Lines, Inc., develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.