The mission of the Project Management Office (PMO) is to help Hawaiian Airlines achieve its strategic goals by implementing the right projects, the right way, to deliver the right business benefits. Senior Business Analysts are individuals who perform business analysis at the enterprise level. They readily see the overall business picture and deal with undefined situations holistically. Typical project assignments involve a high degree of complexity. They perform their role with little oversight and takes a structured approach to analysis and problem solving. At this level the analyst relies on their experience and training to drive innovative ideas and provides practical recommendations to complex situations. This role is key to helping the enterprise deploy products and solutions in a precise and cost-effective manner.
- Work with all levels of the organization to capture project goals, objectives, and the associated requirements. Projects are medium to highly complex in nature and may contain multiple stakeholder groups or work stream
- Identify project stakeholders and user groups. Document user characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user group and negotiate their responsibilities.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, context diagrams, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional, non-functional, transitional, or solution requirements. Information is specified in an appropriate level of detail and in appropriate forms suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements
- Specify quality attributes, external interfaces, and constraints.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as visual analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or simulations, where appropriate.
- Lead and perform requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Lead and perform requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve the business objectives
- Lead and facilitate requirements prioritization. Identify conflicts and areas of potential misinterpretation
- Lead peer reviews and inspections of project deliverables or specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Create and maintain requirements traceability. Track requirements status throughout the project. Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools
- Create opportunities for other Analysts to shadow and learn skills core to the role
- Present lessons or BA best practice hints core to the BA discipline
- Work closely with manager to foster development within the Business Analyst team
- Education: Bachelor degree from accredited college or university and a minimum of 3 years professional experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively convey information to all levels of the organization.
- Superior interpersonal skills to create and maintain a collaborative environment. Displays leadership and confidence when applying BA competencies.
- Demonstrated BA competency in requirements development, elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, management and the ability to apply proper techniques.
- Strong background in project management concepts and how enterprise solutions /products are positioned and developed.
- Proficient skill level in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook
- Novice to intermediate skill in Microsoft SharePoint
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship; must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
- Advanced degree from accredited college or university
- 5 years of professional experience in similar role.
- Previous work experience in enterprise project management setting which required use of business analysis skills or core competencies
- Experience with project management life cycle (PMLC) and software development life cycles (SDLC) in a team environment.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience.
- Novice to intermediate skill in use of Microsoft Online including PowerPoint, SharePoint, or Access
- Airline or related industry experience
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) CBAP Certification or Project Management Institute (PMI) PBA Certification
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.