7 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Senior Buyer (PECO)
PECO-Astronics, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
We are adding a Senior Buyer to our great team.
The purpose of this position is to perform broad purchasing duties, including new products requiring extensive or specialized knowledge and experience; ensuring inventory levels are managed according to company objectives and industry best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (May include the following; other duties may be assigned.)
* Prepares and monitors purchase orders and procures materials to support production plans; interacts with Planners, Production/Assembly, Engineering, Suppliers and subcontractors to ensure procurement of materials within approved schedules and quality specifications.
* Takes charge in negotiating cost reductions for purchased materials and subcontracted processes.
* Prepares, negotiates, implements and coordinates contracts including Long Term Agreements, Tooling Agreements, and capital equipment purchases.
* Creates and implements special purchasing programs with company suppliers including Kanban, JIT delivery, bread man systems, outsourcing, etc.
* Monitors material levels and status of materials; reviews for excess inventory and coordinates scrap and / or resell back to suppliers.
* Advises Planning of delays and works to resolve material shortage issues. Finds long-term solutions to reduce expedites and premium freight.
* Performs cost analysis on manufactured and purchased parts.
* Leads supplier relationships including qualification, development and performance evaluation.
* Travels to current and prospective suppliers; travel can include domestic and international destinations up to 1 week per month, including 1 trip per quarter to Asia for supplier surveillance.
* Works with the Engineering department on new products; assumes leadership and coordination on all project requirements, delegates to Planners and other Buyers as needed to assist in implementing procurement of new items.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly. Ensures that all inventory items are purchased from Approved Sources.
* This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
* Five years purchasing experience as a Buyer with proven cost reduction results.
* APICS and/or ISM certification preferred.
* Excellent oral and written skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills and knowledge of contract law.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Proven expertise with lean / throughput techniques and MRP theory and concepts.
* Skill with Microsoft Office software including advanced Excel, Word, and presentation graphics.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.