6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Purchasing
Senior Buyer/Commodity Lead
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
Position Title: Senior Buyer/Commodity Lead
To manage defined commodities within the scope of the Supply Chain Process. The role will require individuals to be familiar with the complete range of sourcing activities. This includes the analysis of spend, the formulation of and implementation of commodity strategies, the negotiation of contracts and the ongoing management of strategic supplier relationships. Holders of these roles are the principal people accountable for the commercial nature of all relationships with Safran suppliers.
• Create and manage strategic breakthrough strategies for a pre-defined commodity portfolio to support business requirements.
• Undertake spend analysis, supplier assessment and supplier selection to agreed processes.
• Develop and maintain suppliers to become best practice sources.
• Reduce supply base in line with commodity strategy.
• Manage relationships with suppliers on behalf of the Company. Some of these relationships may be of strategic significance to Safran E&P; others will be of a more tactical nature.
• Ensure appropriate performance measure (QCD) of supply base and feedback of results.
• Develop and maintain global partnerships in the supply base to support current and future business and technology demands.
• Supports global / regional procurement initiatives and site-level initiatives for key supplier deliverables on cost, delivery and quality.
• Implementation of the Safran E&P ‘Customer – Supplier' relationship model (to include issues such as true cost transparency, capacity management, Risk management, etc.).
• Undertake contract negotiation and ensure appropriate flow-down of terms and conditions.
• Leads cross-functional projects and VA/VE initiatives.
• Ensure that agreed sourcing targets for benefits are met in the commodity portfolio. This includes responsibility for meeting Improvement Plan (IP) targets and year on year cost down.
• Provide support to NPI teams as required in establishing program cost models.
• Negotiation and management of cost models for suppliers
• Identification and delivery of opportunities for cost reduction.
• Manage a program through the five critical phases: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control and Project Closure.
• Ability to lead a cross functional team to work the phases at a fast pace to guarantee the ROI of the project under the best timeline possible.
• Ability to identify projects within your commodity for cost down projects, where a change in technology or design may dramatically reduce the procurement cost.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of 5 years' procurement/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment with strategic responsibility for procurement is required and essential for this position.
• Experience of developing, implementing, and managing commodity strategies.
• Excellent Project Management Skills.
• Proven success analyzing and negotiating complex supply agreements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to instill confidence in all stakeholder groups and manage complex commercial relationships.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). The successful candidate requires that you are a US person or that we can obtain an Export Control License for you in order for you to perform all of your duties.
• Supply Chain Commodity Management experience.
• Aerospace Manufacturing experience.
• Must be self-starter, must lead by example, and drive to achieve exacting targets.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
North America, United States, Florida, Sarasota
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 5 years