8 months ago
Senior Contracts Associate
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 45747BR Date posted 05/08/City Vergennes
Country United States
UTC Aerospace Systems is a global supplier of systems and services in the aerospace and defense markets with one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry. The Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS) division located in Vergennes, Vermont has a full time position for an Contract Manager.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for performance of activities relating to negotiation of contract terms and conditions for new and existing contracts, creation, and negotiation of contracts and special agreements, contract flow down, negotiation of claims and settlements for labor and material costs, and customer account management. This may include audit, control, or liaison functions with both suppliers and customers. Overall contract compliance to standard procedure.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
* Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
* Lead contracting positions and strategy on business terms approach with a focus on mitigating contract liability and risk by driving solid negotiating solutions
* Engage in proposal and contract position review at RFP phase and prior to customer submittal
* Establish solid customer relationships
* Formation of Contracts and Special Agreements
* Contract review and customer flow down
* Managing commercial item assertions
* Resolve conflicts or disputes with customers relating to contractual compliance or interpretation
* Assure that SIS contracting policies are align with applicable UTAS prescribed policies
* Work closely with Customer Service Representatives, Program Management and Business Development to assure overall compliance to contract review, contract flow down and overall contractual requirements.
* Other duties as assigned by supervision
Level of Responsibility:
* Individual contributor
* Work closely with Contract Administrators, Customer Service Representatives, Program Management, and Business Development to assure overall compliance to the contract requirements.
* Responsible for complying with direction and objectives in alignment with business unit goals and objectives
* Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas
* Has Contracts expert knowledge, can work independently on contract formation and can effectively drive contract administration activities.
* Candidate will have and extensive background in military and government (indirect or direct) contracting, ideally in aerospace and/or defense systems.
* Experience with crafting agreements and the negotiations of terms and conditions including but not limited to Non- Disclosure Agreements, Master Agreements, Licensing Agreements and Memorandum of Agreements.
* Knowledge of FARs, DFARs and other applicable government/military contracting requirements. compliance to the life cycle of contract
* BA/BS degree w/6-10+ years of experience
* MA/MS degree w/4–7+ years of experience
* PhD degree w/2–4+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.