3 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
POSITION: Senior Coordinator, Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing
The Senior Marketing Coordinator develops the marketing strategy and media plans to achieve high-level revenue objectives for Porter Airlines and Porter Escapes, the vacation package division. This role develops campaign plans for promotion and acquisition programs, ensuring strategy buy-in, and then supervises execution.
The role also leads Porter’s co-operative marketing program and is responsible for negotiating advertising dollars from tourism partners and planning and supervising the execution of co-operative marketing campaigns totalling $1-$2 million per year.
The role also acts as an internal account person for key departments within the organization including Loyalty and Porter Escapes. This role must understand the business objectives of these partner departments and ensure Marketing delivers work to effectively support these.
This role is highly visible and collaborates with several in-house teams, businesses, airport and tourism agency partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create and manage campaign plans that include print, radio and digital media, including audience segmentation. Delivers post-campaign reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
* Proactively manage co-operative marketing relationships and negotiations. Develops annual marketing campaigns to support co-operative marketing partnerships with tourism-promoting entities. Responsible for increasing bookings to the targeted destinations and to maximize the co-operative marketing funds to Porter. Includes, but is not limited to national and regional organizations such as Destination Canada, Destination Ontario and Brand USA, airports and local destination partners such as Mont Tremblant. Expected to generate/support plans of $1-$2 million annually.
* Manage campaigns relating to airline and private company partners including code-share, interline and ancillary product offers.
* Account person for VIPorter (Porter’s loyalty program), Porter Escapes and other internal departments.
* Collaborate with Revenue Management to establish and communicate regular sale and non-sale media campaign strategies to meet company revenue objectives and fulfil media obligations. This includes developing and performing quality assurance for regularly scheduled email communications.
* Write marketing plans and project briefs to facilitate the communication of assigned sale and non-sale marketing strategies and the development of campaign-related copy and creative collateral for print and digital.
* Support the execution of Porter’s sponsorship activations, ensuring the company’s representation is appropriate and on brand.
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other special projects and assignments as assigned by the Director, Marketing
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers.
* Innovative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Partnering: Seeking and building alliances that further the organization's objectives.
* Negotiation: Manages negotiations by building a constructive environment. Creates an open and constructive environment for negotiation, assuring all parties that a fair solution will be attained
* Critical Judgement: Integrates and interprets broad and complex information. Recommends optimal approaches to address critical issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or similar strongly preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in consumer marketing and/or advertising, with experience in an agency setting preferred.
* 4+ years of experience developing multi-channel online and offline advertising strategies and campaigns including print and digital media, email and website marketing.
* Successful work experience coordinating the efforts of multiple peers, superiors and members of diverse teams in a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven production environment.
* Ability to solve complex problems with keen organizational instincts and political savvy. Must have a passion for exceptional work quality and a strong attention to detail.
* Experience negotiating and successfully achieving consensus on business agreements for win-win benefits.
* Experience partnering with tourism or government organizations an asset.
* Bilingual in English and French an asset.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport – YTZ
* Post Date January 4, 2018
* Reference ID 70-38-87