The Data Analyst, Senior will act as a data and business intelligence subject matter expert and work closely with business stakeholders to collect requirements and map out short and long-term plans for data and business intelligence solutions. The Data Analyst, Senior will utilize industry standard tools and query languages to lead the collection, analysis and understanding of data within operational data repositories, data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
40%: Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to transform business needs into requirements for data and business intelligence solutions
20%: Create data dictionaries, metadata, and/or ad-hoc reporting to document findings and share understanding of NetJets' data assets
10%: Work with business partners and IT teams to research and analyze data quality issues and identify and prioritize solutions
20%: Analyze and develop data models to ensure that data structures appropriately support business requirements
10%: Proactively identify opportunities to use business intelligence solutions to better support business management and/or improve efficiency of tools
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Course of Study/Major: Computer Science, MIS, Information Management, Engineering or related technical field of study
Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
- 6+ years of IT experience in a data management, business intelligence, or data quality role
- Advanced experience developing requirements for operational reporting systems, data warehouse systems, reports, and dashboards
- Advanced experience in Metadata Management/Data Dictionary management
- Advanced SQL skills is required; Experience with Oracle PL/SQL is a plus
- Experience integrating and transforming structured and unstructured data using tools such as Informatica.
- Experienced using a variety of reporting, data analysis, and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects, SAS, custom dashboards
- Exceptional ability to visually present and communicate data, analyses and findings
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc) will be a plus
- Must be skilled at translating technical terms for a non-technical audience, and non-technical terms for a technical audience.
- Advanced experience presenting and communicating findings/recommendations to cross-functional teams and/or leadership
- Must possess strong data analysis, debugging and problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to identify root causes
- Business acumen and ability to understand complex business processes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coach and develop less experienced personnel
- Ability to take lead role in small projects or smaller efforts of larger projects