5 months ago
Senior Database Administrator
Reporting to the infrastructure division manager, the incumbent is responsible for managing the Company’s main information system databases, for overseeing the implementation and maintenance of the production, quality and development environments, for performance analysis and optimization, for security, and for operation and manipulation on databases.
* Operationalize, support and monitor BI-oriented DBA activities;
* Issue and implement recommendations in the BI infrastructure (DevOps / BI);
* Plans/carries out database installation, maintenance, configuration and administration;
* Controls the capacity of the environment and manages its evolution;
* Ensure sound capacity management and performance of databases;
* Oversees the implementation of recommended solutions when necessary. Develops database-related technical specifications;
* Manages access security, overseeing the implementation and application of security procedures;
* Supports the functional and development teams;
* Detect and identify problems, monitor incidents and recurring problems.
* BA in informatics or the equivalent;
* 7 to 10 years of experience; minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in corporate database management (MS-SQL);
* Familiar with BD MS-SQL, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS;
* Knowledge of Oracle DB;
* Certifications/Training in database management;
* Knowledge of ITIL, PCI, C-198 an asset;
* Available to work extended schedules, weekends and/or 24/7 support;
* Understanding of Agile methodology an asset;
* English and French writing and communication skills.
Location : Montreal Head Office / Downtown
Type of Work : Permanent, full time
Job category : Information technology
Business segment : Head office
Business unit : Transat A.T. inc.
Job # : AT-17-347
End date of posting : 2018-01-15