3 months ago
We’re seeking a Senior Designer to join the Small to Mid-sized Business (SMB) Team within American Airline’s Global Sales department. This team is responsible for helping to position American as the leading airline for SMB customers, currently representing over $2.5B in annual revenue for the airline.
The Senior Designer is responsible for providing visual design leadership - from strategy through execution - for key components of our small business customers’ experience, and collaborates with Project Managers, Business/Marketing Analysts, Developers, UX, AA.com, Creative Services and external Creative Agencies.
Creative efforts to support the Business Extra® and AirPassSM programs as well as our online booking tool could include:
* Web design, development and maintenance
* Collateral and Promo Item development and production – sales assets, flyers/onesheets, print ads, infographics, branded promotional items
* Digital asset development – banner/display ads, email templates, landing pages, PPT templates
* Asset Library development and management – imagery, iconography, videos and collateral
* Video production, editing and/or creative direction – educational/tutorial product demos, pre-roll or promotional videos
* Brand Stewardship – team lead with internal Creative Services and external creative agencies, and content audits to ensure consistency and on-brand
Qualifications and Expectations
* Expert level (at least 3 years’ experience) with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Web Design
* Ability to lead visual design through the entire project lifecycle, from initial concepts through final design production
* Strong communication skills with a proven ability to articulate and sell design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders, and ‘translate’ the IT world to marketing/business colleagues
* Solid organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
* Collaborative mindset, working with other teams to develop cross-product solutions and maintaining collaborative relationship with Creative Services/Marketing to ensure compliance with overarching American brand standards, tone of voice, accessibility mandates, etc.
* Ability to contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork and an aptitude for creative problem solving
* Comfortable in an environment of pushing boundaries of what’s possible to create better experiences for our customers
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 15493
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
User Experience, Marketing, Technology