Works on a team (usually) or alone (occasionally) designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements to existing software in support of a very complex business model. Role includes meeting with customers to understand their business processes and needs with the objective of determining solutions to support the business. This will sometimes require filling multiple roles to turn the customer's needs into actual solutions. Takes initiative, owns issues from start to finish, proactive communicator. Daily activities include typical software development activities (designing, developing, testing, debugging, supporting), but also design and architecture activities as needed.
30%: Software analysis and design activities for new software or enhancements to existing software to include providing high level estimates based on limited information in support of the project governance process.
30%: Software development activities for new software or enhancements to existing software.
30%: Support of new and existing software.
10%: Interaction/communication with business users regarding requirements, design reviews, prototype presentations, etc. This position may or may not manage employees based on location of incumbent.
Education level: Bachelor's Degree
Course of Study/Major: Information Systems or Computer Science
Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
-Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with the following:
Grails, Groovy, Java, Oracle PL/SQL, and REST Web Service architecture and development experience
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements and developing application designs.
* Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process.
* Experience in interfacing with business users.
* Experience with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Exhibit high degree of self-management