5 months ago
An opportunity to drive and implement the long-term vision for the future of Delta Air Lines' as it relates to Enterprise Mobile solutions. As a passionate Mobile developer you will have an opportunity to change how 80,000 employees of Delta make use of Mobile technology to create a unique customer experience. You will be ultimately responsible to work with a team of individuals working in an agile setup that improve the airline experience for Delta Air Lines customers and employees.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Work closely with Portfolio teams in developing the Mobile roadmap for Operations Technology group
- Establish Mobile framework and develop reusable components to expedite the delivery of Mobile solutions
- Assess the feasibility of mobile solutions and partner with portfolio teams to identify the fit for purpose solution for employees and/or customers
- Ability to adopt frequent upgrades on major Mobile platforms (iOS, Android and Windows Phone)
- Work with Mobile solution architect and Enterprise Architecture to ensure proposed solution aligns with Delta's Enterprise architecture guidelines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Efficiently leverage all resources and exhibit behaviors that allow Delta to learn fast and fail cheap
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in developing mobile solution
- Proficient in latest development tools/environments Ex.: gitlab, TDD, CI/CD
- Should be highly adaptable, a driver of change, and capable of quickly rallying teams
- Ability to work closely with Enterprise Architecture and API CoE teams to ensure architecture alignment within IT organization
- Experienced in end-to-end Enterprise mobile development lifecycle with understanding of app distribution, MDM/MAM, mobile security, connectivity
- Comfortable working in a matrixed environment. Ability to work well independently and on a closely-knit team, with varying levels of guidance and direction
- Flexibility and organizational skills to multi-task, juggle, and re-prioritize multiple projects and stakeholder needs
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver market-ready products within tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, with minimal direct guidance
- Worked with collaboration tools such as JIRA or VersionOne supporting Agile environment
- Experience in and knowledge of the airline industry is a plus with a strong business knowledge and understanding of airport systems
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being. Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.