4 months ago
Delta Air Lines is hiring software engineers to develop and maintain airline operations software to support the Operations and Customer Center (OCC) that is used to manage the airline operation. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to the airline operation.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Working with end users in gathering requirements
- Participation in the design, development, testing, custom client server applications
- Writing technical documentation (software support guides, programming documentation, etc.)
- Build application server enhancements for Delta's operational decision support system
- Supporting the software after production deployment which includes:
- Modifying existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and improve performance.
- Rotating 24x7 coverage is also required to support Delta's worldwide operation.
- Utilize the following skills: C# (C-Sharp), ASP.NET, C++, Oracle database, MQ Series, SQL, web application development, web service development, Windows development (application, assembly, COM, service).
- ClearCase (for version control) and would need to use Delta's Release Engineering Tool (in-house tool) for building and deploying.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- The Developer position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems development field.
- 4+ years developing client/server applications.
- Writing and testing code.
- Experience working with stakeholders to identify relevant requirements and understand how those requirements fit into the broader enterprise context for the application / platform.
- Have the ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative program analysis, track and support operational program and metrics; resolve complex technical and financial problems with limited oversight.
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile development methodology.
- The ideal candidate would have a commitment to learning and staying abreast of technical advances.
- They would be able to meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a team setting.
- They would have excellent, concise written communication and their verbal communication must be clear and easily understood for resolving issues on technical conference bridge calls.
- Strongly desired for future development - Cloud-based development in Office 365: Azure, SharePoint Online (SPO), PowerApps, Cosmos Database, Flow.
- Have experience building API's for both external and internal consumption would be a plus as well as experience as a technical lead for a software development project.
- Experience with airline operations and understand aviation terminology - (e.g., Air Traffic Control, flight scheduling, aircraft assignments, air to ground communications, crew rotations) is strongly preferred.