8 months ago
Senior eCommerce Technical Lead
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 46331BR Date posted 03/29/City Windsor Locks
Country United States
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our IT team is leading UTC Aerospace Systems to empower digital. With this initiative, the team is leveraging technology to make our internal work environment more efficient, productive and seamless. For our customers, we’re working to make aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join UTC Aerospace Systems and help us to empower digITal today!
The senior e-commerce Technical Lead position will work on a cross-functional team to develop and maintain the UTC Aerospace Systems customer portal and related applications. The individual will be responsible for management and monitoring of the e-commerce environment and collaborating with Corporate and outsourced supplier resources responsible for the Web Hosting environment. Additionally, the position will include working directly with internal customers and development teams to deliver new solutions that provide a world class experience for our airline customers.
This position will require the individual to have the technical skills to troubleshoot production issues, plan for software upgrades and support implementations of new functionality. Additionally, the position will involve setting strategic technical direction for our e-commerce platforms; ensuring solutions make the best use of available technology to meet business needs.
Primary Capabilities / Responsibilities
• Support of existing e-commerce/Web Hosting environment
• Planning and supporting new software releases
• Working with Internal Customers to implement new functionality
• Coordination and support of software development with IT development resources
• Work with the development teams and solution architects to continually improve the system stability, performance and overall customer experience
This role may also be located in Monroe, North Carolina, or Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Qualification: • Minimum 3-5 years’ experience developing Web Applications on JAVA / J2EE platforms
* Experience implementing large scale enterprise applications
* Familiarity with object oriented program and agile development
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to interface with development team and internal customers
• Knowledge on at least one leading e-commerce platform such as SAP Hybris (preferred) Commerce, IBM WebSphere Commerce and Oracle ATG Commerce
* Knowledge on web infrastructure and application deployment processes
* Experience with Atlassian suite of tools
• Spring Framework, Linux and Apache experience
• SAP Integration experience
• Experience with cloud services and deployment
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical field preferred with 6+ years’ experience.
Relevant technical certifications a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.