4 months ago
• Enjoy tackling complex and exciting challenges?
• Want to develop your skills and achieve success?
• Appreciate a culture based on teamwork and respect?
Moog’s Aircraft Group in East Aurora, New York is looking for a Senior Electronic Project Engineer. This role provides project leadership on behalf of Transition to Production Engineering Management supporting both the Design and Operations groups. Projects vary depending on size and scope and will require flexibility and may require tailored project management solutions. This position requires day-to-day management of project team personnel, communication with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure successful project execution. This role will also include direct interaction with a broad range of senior technical and functional management and subject matter experts throughout the organization. An example of a project would be post-acquisition integration.
Here’s what you can expect to do as a Senior Electronic Project Engineer at Moog ….
* Work with other members of the Operations Staff for synergistic processes and work flow, focused on improving the quality, service, cost, and delivery to Moog customers.
* Develop, clarify and manage the scope of a project from approval to closure; define project deliverables and achieve targeted outcomes. Plan project budgets, and seek approval.
* Identify needed resources, coordinates availability of shared resources, and develop timeframes to facilitate successful completion of project activities and deliverables.
* Lead small functional groups within Design, Operations and Supply Chain. Other disciplines will be included as required.
* Manage overall project dependencies and ensures project deliverables stay on time and within budget. Oversight required, including cost/benefit analysis, of actions and initiatives.
* Define and manage overall change control process and quality assurance aspects of the project.
* Identify, on a timely basis, all project barriers as well as strategies and approaches to overcome those barriers.
* Prepare communication plan and related project status reports/meetings for key stakeholders and governance bodies, as appropriate, to provide project updates on activities and deliverables, as well as risks and mitigation strategies. Clearly convey information and ideas, in a professional manner, in both verbal and written form. Formal presentations are required as well.
YOU’LL NEED ….
Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field is preferred
5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required
10 years of progressive experience (post-education) in the field of project leadership is required
Proven general capability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects over time is required.
EOE/AA Minority/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Female/Disability/Veteran