7 months ago
This position requires technical expertise in (VHF and UHF) radio, telephone, IP networking and AVTEC console equipment. Analytical, technical and interpersonal skills will be greatly utilized in this significant and critical operational position. The purpose of this role is to implement and assist in refining the policies and procedures used to accomplish the tasks, goals and visions of the department. This position will work closely with a team of other Senior Radio Engineers, vendors and internal company departments to support the communication infrastructure used by AA. This position is responsible for overseeing vendor accomplished tasks, accomplishing maintenance work orders and verifying the quality of services and/or equipment provided. Experience in project management is greatly desired and will be used significantly. The scope of this position is broad and includes the defining, designing, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the AA communication network, among other tasks that may be required by the manager. Furthermore, this role is responsible for ensuring compliance with company standards as well as local, state, federal and international regulations. Strong verbal communication capability is required as work across many organizational boundaries occurs while developing quality solutions for a vast array of issues in this ever-changing operations business environment.
* Interface with Governmental Agencies (Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Communications Commission), Industry Work Groups (Aeronautical Spectrum Resources, Inc.) and Company Departments in order to obtain and maintain optimal communication capability for the AA network.
* Responsible for contributing to the workforce who defines, designs, documents, installs and maintains the wide variety of operationally required American Airlines communication systems.
* Responsible for supporting the initiatives of IOC Management within a fast paced operational environment.
* Assist in establishing and modifying departmental goals, policies and procedures for the new American Airlines OCE Department and the IOC.
* Support a cross functionally trained department responsible for the operation of VHF, UHF and AVTEC communication systems within the AA network.
* Assist with future technology projects to ensure AA continues to be an industry leader in all communication technology changes and airline IOC operations.
* 4 yr degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Aviation Management, etc.) desired.
* FCC License desired.
* FAA Certificate (Commercial-Instrument-Pilot/Dispatch Certificate/Navigator License) desired.
* Must have operational knowledge of voice, data, radio, IP networking and console technology.
* Must understand the operational requirements of the IOC/Station/Ramp Tower communication systems.
* Must be able to remain on top of technological changes within the industry.
* Must be a highly motivated, persistent, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects, groups of people and company/industry change.
* Must possess the ability to understand and effectively communicate across all organizational boundaries.
* PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite mastery, spreadsheets and word processing is required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong analytical and communication skills required.
* Prior managerial / supervisory experience preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
* Thorough familiarity with all aspects of Part 121 operations, policies and procedures.
* PMP certification desired.
* 10+ years of experience in military or part 121 air carrier’s flight operations department desired.
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both internal and external.
* Pass U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) mandated drug testing requirements. Applicants are required to fill out a DOT Testing Inquiry Form which provides authorization for release of records from previous employers.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 10424
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Communications, Engineer, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Engineering, Technology, Aviation