3 months ago
Requisition ID: 9170
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Engineering Manager - Airborne & Ground Communication Products to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is responsible for managing the development, program execution, and sustaining engineering of the Airborne and Ground Communication Products for Rockwell Collins Government Systems. Specifically, this position is focused on leading a team of systems engineers that are responsible for the Factory Transition of many of our new Communication Radio products.
Responsibilities include planning, organizing, resource allocation, personnel development, performance engagement discussions, salary planning, and overall group management of the Airborne and Ground Communication Products System Engineering group. The position requires project execution direction to the engineering team. The candidate must demonstrate sound decision-making skills, communication skills, networking skills, and accurately forecast project work demand and costs. Additional requirements include an understanding of systems engineering techniques, communication product development, and the associated processes, as well as project management skills including SPI and CPI analysis.
Candidate will work directly with and/or manage daily activities of systems engineers, project engineering, program management, and supporting organizations to develop advanced design to support SDR architectures.
The candidate will lead the team using strong interaction, interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues, elevating to upper management when appropriate. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting Rockwell Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meeting project cost, schedule and quality requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* This position requires a U.S. DoD Security Clearance – U.S. citizenship is required. Applicant must currently hold a final SECRET (or above) security clearance, or have held one within the past two years.
* The candidate must be familiar with Software Defined Radios (SDRs) and communications network architectures. A strong candidate will have five to eight years of system engineering experience combined with relevant development and/or leadership experience building SDRs. Extensive experience in all development phases from concept, Preliminary Design (PDR), Critical design (CDR), verification and validation testing, and product deliveries are desired.
* A successful candidate will have working knowledge of hardware, software, firmware, and mechanical development. Specific responsibilities of this position include system and subsystem requirements analysis, definition, and validation; systems and subsystems integration and requirements verification testing; effective technical collaboration among systems, hardware and software design functions; assist in resolving technical problems that cross-functional domain areas of hardware and software; and developing systems related documentation.
* Familiarity with SEER-H estimation modeling tools, experience with bid narrative write-ups, Earned Value reporting, familiarity with the ARC-210 product line, experience in Factory Transition, and test methodologies for Software Defined Radios are advantageous considerations for the position.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.