about 1 month ago
Requisition ID: 8284
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Field Service Engineer - Avionics Systems to join our team in Telecommuter Ohio1 (0035). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for performing assignments requiring service of avionics, avionics systems, telecommunications, Satcom systems, networks, or computer equipment and systems. As well as being the primary Customer Support point of contact for a large customer account. Services are performed using Collins approved methods and workmanship standards to ensure optimum equipment operation and customer satisfaction.
* Direct or perform; operation, troubleshooting, programming, system test, and training on site as required in accordance with Rockwell Collins - ARINCDirect and customer requirements.
* Planning and implementing interfaces between Collins and Non-Collins equipment.
* Act as on site lead for major field installation or modification programs.
* Provide technical support to field engineers, technicians and product support who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex avionics equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software not related to information technology.
* Operates, maintains, repairs, and configures equipment.
* Support equipment and systems of high complexity and advanced technology.
* Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
* Assist the Technical Support / Field Support Team remotely with other customer support requirements when able as a secondary support duty.
* Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
* Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
* Respond to situations where second-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
* Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, determine technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommend actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
* Involved in planning and preparing customer installation and training. Prepare, provide approval and validation of product support documentation.
* Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering /software engineering.
* Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
Opportunity is Contingent on Contract Win
* Experience in avionics, avionics systems, telecommunications, satcom systems, networks, or computer equipment and system.
* Experience in utilizing developmental techniques for experimental or prototype equipment and during configuration changes in customer systems.
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Motivated self-starter with problem-solving talent and ability to work independently (Candidates with previous experience working remotely are preferred).
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to work on activities simultaneously.
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Tools).
* Strong technical writing skills.
* Ability to work well in dynamic environment and to anticipate and mitigate problems.
* Conflict resolution skills.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.