10 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to join the Government Fiscal Relations (GFR) team in Cedar Rapids, IA. GFR serves the corporation by performing government cost accounting and compliance activities that facilitate business with the U.S. Government. This includes regular interface with a broad finance network across the company as well as direct interaction with government oversight agency representatives. The team works in a dynamic environment and partners with business unit colleagues to support company strategies, maximize cost recovery, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to compliance.
The successful candidate brings a combination of financial analysis and cost accounting skillsets along with a proven display of personal leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen. Experience in GFR provides exposure to financial processes across the company, opportunity to develop proposal and negotiation skills, and insight into the accounting requirements for government contractors.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Prepare the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) and negotiate selected rates into the Forward Pricing Rate Agreement (FPRA).
* Prepare analyses that adjust from performance books to government cost accounting books.
* Perform periodic variance analysis of FPRP/A rates to actual trends.
* Prepare the annual Incurred Cost Submission to establish final billing rates
* Interface with government representatives to support proposed rates and related audits.
* Respond to internal customer questions regarding current cost recovery methods and processes.
* A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or appropriate discipline with at least four years of related experience is required.
* The successful candidate is a demonstrated self-starter and flexible team member with excellent analytical skills. The ability to effectively summarize analyses and adjust communication for various customer perspectives is essential.
* Experience successfully balancing multiple priorities and producing quality work within deadlines is required.
* Experience performing moderate to complex financial analyses, including summarizing conclusions for different audiences
* Experience successfully balancing multiple priorities and producing quality work within deadlines
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
* Experience working in a government business environment, preferred
* Experience working with SAP, preferred
* Proficiency with Microsoft Access, preferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
● Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
● Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.