4 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2017 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Rockwell Collins Government Systems (GS) Financial Planning and Analysis Department is responsible for the analysis of financial data and the development of financial forecasts to support a $2 billion business. In addition to business decision support for Government Systems leadership, the department ensures accuracy and completeness of financial results in compliance with corporate policy and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, provides reporting to ensure shareholder information needs are met, and supports the calculation of billing rates for the US Government.
This financial analyst will be responsible for the consolidation, analysis and reporting of the GS financials. He/she will work closely with other GS financial analysts and managers to understand the business and the associated financial forecast assumptions. He/she will provide support to internal and external control and financial audits. He/she is responsible for understanding and posting correcting journal entries to the SAP ledger when needed to support the monthly financial closing. He/she will provide support to executive leadership for the presentation of financial information. He/she is responsible for reconciling, understanding and confirming our financial data to support the monthly financial closing process and will utilize Hyperion and SAP heavily for analysis and reporting.
* Consolidation and presentation of financial data supporting forecast, AOP and SFP processes
* Providing detailed analysis of variances and summary of changes to support presentations to executive leadership
* Understanding and posting journal entries to support the monthly closing process
* Ad hoc financial support for the GS Business
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or in absence of a degree, six years related experience
* Hyperion Enterprise experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong financial and analytical skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
The ideal candidate will have the following:
* Knowledge of Rockwell Collins business processes
* SAP experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
● Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
● Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.