3 months ago
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Senior Industrial Designer in our Integration Engineering business located in Everett, WA.
We are looking for a talented Senior Industrial Designer to lead the development of Rockwell Collins line of Integration Engineering products. We need a designer who is motivated and self-driven to explore new ideas which provide value to our customers, inspire business growth and continually strives to shape the future of air travel.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Development, the Senior Industrial Designer works directly with engineering and management to create compelling products for our worldwide customers. Collaborate within our cross functional R&D and prototype team as you lead our Industrial Design for aircraft cabin interior products. Our design process provides designers the ability to work on a design from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into production.
* Scoping projects, tasks and schedules with minimal input and direction
* Understand the needs and desires of our worldwide airline customers and passengers
* Manage creative project teams for the development of all new cabin interior products
* Explore a wide variety of compelling design options through rapid sketching and renderings
* Understand and apply future trends in brand, design, technology, and materials
Create 3D CAD models for product development and prototyping
* Communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means
* Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions
* Know how to take a sketch idea into creating technical drawings for mock-up prototypes and hands on experience building what you design
* Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or related field, and have minimum of 6+ years’ experience in the design industry; Aviation/transportation/aerospace industry is a plus
* Highly proficient in using CAD software, 3D/2D rendering software such as Rhino 3D, Siemens NX, Solidworks Visualize, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office
* Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety product concepts and styling options through hand sketching and digital forms (forms, colors, finishes, materials, etc.)
* A passion for design, technology and developing creative solutions
* A creative leader and visionary with the experience to develop a sketch idea into technical working solution
* Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude, detailed oriented and work respectfully with others
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.