5 months ago
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Senior Inspector will plan the inspection methods including setup and mathematical computations required to layout first article parts to verify conformance to tool design and/or blue print specification/requirements.
1. Plan inspection methods including setup and mathematical computations required to layout first article parts to verify conformance to tool design and/or blue print specification/requirements.
2. Inspect supplier-furnished raw materials and fabricated or processed parts using standard inspection fixtures or gages to assure visual and dimensional compliance with requirements. Verify that required certifications are present and comply with the purchase order-referenced specifications/requirements.
3. Perform receiving inspection, in-process and final inspection of parts and assemblies to assure visual and dimensional compliance to specifications/requirements, including use of coordinate measuring machines/Leica Laser, etc.
4. Perform set-up and mathematical computations required to inspect, adjust, and calibrate measuring equipment, gages, test equipment and qualifying fixtures.
5. Maintain receiving inspection certifications. In addition, maintain gage calibration history files and records on active gages.
6. Recall gages for periodic checks to verify continued precision and accuracy.
7. Work with engineering, production supervisors and operators to document and maintain statistical process control (SPC) data and charts.
8. Work with technicians/inspectors to upgrade their dimensional inspection skills, improve product quality and qualify technician for inspection certification.
9. Inspects all type of tools and gages, including fixtures, dies, and templates using precision measuring equipment.
10. Performs product, process, work station, and system audits.
11. Perform daily maintenance and minor machine repairs.
12. Ensure proper safety procedure is followed within the team environment.
13. Maintains a clean work environment in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
14. Assists in the maintenance of a business culture which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma or GED certificate or equivalent in experience.
* 2+ years applicable technical training courses in metrology and basic trigonometry highly desirable.
* ANSI Y14.5 geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, inspection techniques, surface plate layout, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
* Related experience with CMM operation is a plus.
* Minimum 2 years direct experience.
* Must be able to read blue prints/specifications from engineering drawings.
* Must be able to use a variety of tools and machines for inspection.
* Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions as well as present information in both verbal and written form.
* Ability to perform basic arithmetic in all units of measurement in percentage, fractions and decimals.
* Ability to apply concepts and interpret graphs and technical drawings.
* Ability to work well in a diverse and team environment.
* Ability to learn basic computer skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardize situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
GD&T, ASQ Certification as a Certified Quality Inspector (CQI), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), etc. is highly preferred.