Senior Java Developer
Requisition #: 264845
The Airline industry is constantly changing and Delta Air Lines is at the forefront of the evolution of how the consumer buys and interacts with the products and services available to them. The Senior Java Developer will provide leadership and technical architectural expertise to enable multi-layered solutions that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to have exposure to, and learn more about the way the corporate customers interact and buy Delta Air Lines products and services.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Your primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code).
- Leads and influences technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems. Provides technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Design and develop applications, features and enhancements with an emphasis on clean, highly efficient, supportable, and well documented code
- Collaborate with extended business and IT teams to increase productivity by enhancing our suite of B2B2 and B2B2C applications and services
- participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to prioritize key business/technical initiatives and refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs
- Utilizes expert knowledge of the customer's business to recommend solutions, and ensures business and technology objectives are met and maintained.
- Understands user and process requirements and ensures those requirements can be achieved through high-quality deliverables.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Serve as a resource to the business and/or as a technical resource to cross-functional third party and internal team members on highly complex design/code reviews and identification of solutions for improving system performance and availability.
- Developing proof of concepts and proposing solutions to architecture and tech leads.
- Collaborating with developers across multiple projects to develop and build consensus on common re-usable application components.
- Quickly and effectively produce application designs and high quality code for the full technological stack, from database to UI and everything in-between
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- At least 5 to 7 years of Java/J2EE development experience, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience
- Solid knowledge of high-scale, multi-tenant Web service development, including RESTful APIs and microservices, and SOA services
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Websphere, SQL, ETL tools
- Recent UNIX shell scripting experience, familiar with UNIX advanced commands for troubleshooting
- 3 -5 years of hands on experience with application development and configuration using web/application servers such as Websphere, Tomcat, Apache, etc
- 3-5 years of experience with RDBMSs such as UDB, Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle and good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, XQuery and XML Query
- Strong understanding of database interfacing technologies such as ODBC, JDBC and DBMS native clients
- Strong experience with deployment and version control tools
- Experience in supporting application teams and Troubleshooting in a DEV, SIT, UAT, and Production environment
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to lead and mentor associate developers
- Working knowledge of Salesforce API integration and a passion to work with Salesforce including general configuration activities and development of visual force pages, apex classes and apex trigger
- Must have good problem solving skills, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being