6 months ago
Purpose: Hire, train and mentor Instructors and Check Airmen, equip them with the tools they need to deliver the highest level of instruction. Audit all Instructor and Check Airman training and observations to ensure regulatory compliance.
Manage existing curricula to insure full regulatory compliance in the most cost effective manner through the creative use of training aids and devices. Develop new curricula that will enable Spirit to maintain its position as a recognized leader in innovative
* Ensure the required Instructor and Check Airman are ready to execute the training plan by anticipating future needs and hiring the most talented candidates available.
* Ensure all training curricula are taught to students in standardized manner by providing training and ongoing mentoring to Instructors and Check Airmen and supplying them the necessary instructional aids, consistent with regulations on a timely basis.
* Manage and enhance existing curricula to broaden the learning experience while maintaining consistency with FAA guidance, compliance with FAA regulations, maximum instructional value and maximum cost effectiveness.
* Ensure consistency with FAA guidance and compliance with FAA regulations by monitoring the scheduling of all Instructor and Check Airman training and observations.
* Design and launch new training programs for Flight Crewmembers that will be consistent with FAA guidance and compliant with FAA regulations while providing maximum training value for the lowest possible cost.
* Design and launch new training programs for Instructors and Check Airmen that will be consistent with FAA guidance and compliant with FAA regulations while providing maximum training value for the lowest possible cost.
* Ensure all training curricula are delivered in the most cost effective manner.
* Utilize a computer for extended periods of time.
* Move throughout the office to interact with other departments such as Crew Payroll and Tech Pubs.
* Travel to various locations as required, to perform evaluations, observations and inspections (example – Airbus or Sheltair facilities).
* College degree – required or equivalent knowledge.
* Check Airman experience with a Part 121 carrier.
* Flight Standards experience.
* 3 years of experience utilizing Microsoft Office products.
* ATP with A320 Type Rating.
* Ability to hold the appropriate FAA Medical Certificate, or qualify for LOB Program.
* Legal to work in the United States.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment
will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance,
401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit,
competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.