8 days ago
Requisition ID: 8705
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager, Inventory Planning to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Directs the activities on inventory planners to accomplish company objectives. Plans and/or controls inventory of finished goods or Service Parts for sales warehouses, distribution centers, and factory mixing points to meet sales and distribution demand. Analyzes inventory levels, inventory positioning, and planned production and sales forecasts. Oversees activities related to the purchase of material, material control, inventory control, shipping/receiving and stores functions to maintain inventories at planned levels throughout the global inventory network. Develops material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering.
* Responsible for meeting planned performance objectives and the successful operation of activities with major significance to the business.
* Plans and/or controls inventory of finished goods or Service Parts for Sales warehouses, distribution centers, and factory mixing points to meet sales and distribution demand.
* Analyzes inventory levels, inventory positioning, and planned production and sales forecasts, utilizing ERP system and inventory planning optimization system.
* Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of the material management of service parts planning.
* May be involved in the development of strategic financial plan.
* Responsible for providing input to the annual department operating budget and ensures adherence to it.
* Executes and implements the established policies and procedures for the operation of inventory planning activities.
* Initiates immediate actions in out-of-stock situations.
* Reviews and approves provisioning requests allowing demand to be loaded to Operations, within designated DOA level.
* Coordinates material planning activities with engineering, procurement, program management, product support and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
* Coordinates with traffic, production planning, and warehouse personnel to ensure appropriate routing, scheduling, and storing of goods.
* Oversees activities related to the purchase of material, material control, inventory control, shipping/receiving and stores functions.
* Must have a good knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and the commodities that are procured from Operations. Use this information to effectively manage the RC MAP strategies (i.e. DP-F and DP-G).
* Assists with the establishment and maintenance of the master data planning systems solutions, including business acquisitions.
* Develops material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with procurement, production and engineering.
* Directs the activities of a group of inventory planners who work with Procurement and Manufacturing for raw materials, supplies, equipment or services required by the company.
* Responsible for workforce planning to ensure the efficient operation of the function: Oversees staffing, development, performance management/evaluation, diversity, health/safety, and employee relations.
* Interacts with internal customers, especially manufacturing, program office, CRC, service centers, product support and engineering departments.
* Responsible for direct supervision of the Inventory/Supply Analysis staff engaged in activities related to inventory, spare parts, repairs and the like to accomplish company objectives.
* Monitors the activities at proficiency evaluations.
* Develops plans and takes action to optimize inventory levels.
* Identifies problems/opportunities and recommends process improvements to executive management.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.