4 months ago
* Manage, plan and coordinate aspects of airport operations for airports with large volumes of connecting passengers or related complexity
* Lead, coach and manage a team of operations managers, including managing performance and developing first-time managers
* Ensure the safety and efficiency of facets of station operations; oversee coordination between airport operations functions and with other company divisions and airport staff and authorities
* Manage internal relationships (other stations and company divisions) and external relationships (vendors, other airlines, airport staff and federal, state and county agencies) to ensure the long-term health of these relationships and the successful resolution
of systemic issues
* Set and communicate short- and medium-term plans, goals and priorities for airport operations
* Resolve employee issues escalated by Leads and Chiefs in close coordination with Employee Support managers; manage compliance and regulatory reporting and associated follow-up with employees, including investigations, on-the-job injuries and drug and alcohol
* Serve as an escalation point of contact in matters where additional customer service and/or intervention is required;
* Establish, implement and oversee Service Standards for station personnel to ensure that the needs of the public are served in accordance to superior levels of service and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Backstop airport operations managers during unexpected staffing shortfalls or when needed to manage large scale irregular operations
* Professional development and other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* 3 years supervisory experience leading individual employees as well as positively influencing others through people-focused, participative leadership skills and a positive attitude.
* Must have managed managers, including first-time managers
* 2 years of airline operations experience; thorough knowledge of airline procedures and FAA regulations regarding terminal and ramp operations, security and safety
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions in a fast-paced, changing environment; ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Confident, persistent, results oriented, excellent follow through skills and desire for excellence
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and listening skills and be able to work professionally and productively with all levels of employees in various departments
* Must possess and demonstrate core values such as mutual respect, personal integrity, and honesty
* Must ensure that accountability measures are effectively maintained and that follow up on actionable items are done in a timely manner
* Must be able to travel when required, and be flexible in working various shifts, and be on call and available to support irregular operations (i.e. flight delays/cancellations)
* Must be detail oriented with a proven ability to proactively manage a complex departmental budget.
* Must be flexible and adapt well to change
* Computer skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
* Must become GSC (Ground Security Coordinator) qualified within 6 months of starting/transferring into position. Will not be able to perform any GSC duties until properly qualified
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 14 yearsas reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure have placed Hawaiian among the top of
all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 89th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (11) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, China,
Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides approximately 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, with a total of more than 250 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on
Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Send This Job to a Friend