7 months ago
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a growing company, working with the latest manufacturing and automation techniques in the generation of aircraft gearing components?
Moog Aircraft Group is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our Manufacturing Engineering dept. in Torrance, California. The primary responsibility will be supporting new product introduction programs as well as implementing Advanced Manufacturing Technologies and automation to existing production programs. In addition to accountability for the manufacturing processes in Torrance you will also support our other aircraft equipment manufacturing facilities worldwide, including our Baguio City, Philippines facility.
Here is what you can expect….
* Support design for manufacturing activities on newly designed gears and gearbox components.
* Determine correct manufacturing processes and sequencing to direct quality based, cost effective manufacturing flows on newly designed gears and gearbox components.
* Design fixturing and specify cutting and grinding tools for the same newly designed gears and gearbox components.
* Assist and troubleshoot initial manufacturing launches of same newly designed gears and gearbox components.
* Streamline manufacturing processes on legacy hardware with the implementation of Automation, Advanced Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 technologies.
* Research, specify and purchase capital equipment for additional capacity or manufacturing technology improvements.
* Work with operations team to support lean, continuous improvement activities in machine shop and other areas.
What we are looking for…
* B.S. Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering
* Additional seasoned experience in manufacturing engineering that would be equivalent to what is learned in a degreed program would be an acceptable alternative to the B. S. Degree requirement.
* Minimum of 7 years manufacturing engineering and machining experience.
* Experience with manufacturing heat treated, gears and gearing components for aircraft control systems
At Moog we solve our customer’s most difficult problems!
EOE/AA Minority/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Female/Disability/Veteran