7 months ago
Title: Senior Market Analyst
Request Number: STR
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 8115-Strategic Planning
Division: Strategic Planning & Marketing
Sector: Strategic Planning & Marketing
Posting Start Date: 2017-07-17
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
Development of long-range business objectives and strategic plans by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect growth and profitability. Analysis of environment for business opportunities and surveillance of the market. Evaluation and review of major marketing, distribution, and manufacturing proposals. Financial analysis of acquisition candidates.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
· Mergers and Acquisitions
· Competitive Intelligence
· Other Strategic Planning
Level of Responsibility:
· Responsible for entire projects with significant scope and complexity;
· Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas;
· May develop and coach others;
· Has expert knowledge that extends across multiple disciplines.
Specific responsibilities of position: • Provide day-to-day data integrity in all relevant information systems to internal program staff and Executive Management Team;
• Lead data-mining and segmentation projects;
• Provide data entry for multiple information systems;
• Automate or increase efficiency of existing reports;
• Develop marketing dashboards, reports, and visualization tools for presentations to marketing teams, as well as executive leadership team;
• Support the management team and other internal customers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of data;
• Continuous Quality Improvement of data collection methods and analysis for efficiency and process streamlining purposes;
• Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested;
• Work with client data, and create best practices and procedures;
• Develop a good understanding and knowledge of government regulations, ITC requirements and UTC Code of Ethics;
• Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications required: · Bachelor degree with 6 to 10 years experience;
· Master degree with 4 to 7 years experience;
• Adapts well to local culture and diversity of thoughts;
• Strong analytical capabilities and business acumen with the ability to look at data differently and in expanded ways to drive new thinking;
• Flexible, resilient and resourceful to adapt to a constantly changing and high pressure environment;
• Demonstrated ability to think independently and proactively implement effective and innovative solutions to promote thought-provoking ideas and foster creative thinking;
• Excellent Organizational Skills and ability to develop processes to improve workflow;
• Ability to problem solve, attention to details and multi-task effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus & task-oriented;
• A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
Field of studies: Aerospace Engineering, Business Management - Finance, Engineering, Marketing
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.