4 months ago
The Senior Program Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller and supports the accounting for the Division’s programs. The Sr. Program Accountant plays a key role in ensuring the accurate accounting, reporting, and valuation of the Division’s programs and the related assets and liabilities. This role also plays an important part in the monthly closing process through preparation of updates to the SAP Results Analysis module and journal entries and analyses to validate ending program amounts and balances. This position requires a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) including revenue recognition for a public company and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Experience with SAP and advanced Excel skills are highly valued. This position also provides timely and insightful analytical analysis of program and Division actual results. As a result, a proven ability to analyze complex financial data, identify relationships and explain results is required. The Sr. Program Accountant has frequent interaction with Program Business Managers to assist in the application of Division and Corporate Accounting Policies and ensuring the proper reporting of revenue and costs. The ability to build positive working relationships across business functions and clearly communicate with the Division’s Business Managers is important to the success of this position.
• Assist in the preparation of documentation to support the selection of revenue recognition methods for new contract awards.
• Compile and analyze financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and perform monthly closing procedures.
• Responsible for the production and integrity of the project ledger and project assets report
• Produce work-in-process and unbilled revenue sub-ledgers
• Complete revenue and cost data updates in the SAP Results Analysis module, ensuring that internal controls are adhered to
• Assist in the monthly balance sheet analytical analysis for program assets and liabilities, including working with Business Managers to identify significant variances and the documentation of the resulting analysis
• Participate in periodic physical inventories of inventoried equipment and ensures reconciliation to the general ledger
• Prepare recurring and non-recurring journal entries
• Project asset documentation to substantiate balances
• Coordination and support for the review of the net realizable value of program asset and liability balances, including documentation to meet Division and Corporate polices and internal control requirements
• Establish and manage the close meeting process with Controllership and Business Management, including leading meetings, recording action items and follow through with action owners to completion
• Special Projects as directed by the Program Accounting Manager
• Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
• Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in Accounting with a minimum of 24 credit hours of coursework directly related to Accounting AND six (6+) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• CPA license or progress passing the CPA exam preferred
Other Desired Qualifications Include:
• Public Accounting audit experience
• CPA license or progress passing the CPA
• Experience working in Aerospace and Defense/government contract accounting; knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
• Strong analytical skills – Data Analysis, Inventory Controls.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a public trust position (if required for the position).
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance (if required for the position).
• Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
• The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
• Some travel will be required.
• Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
Some travel will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary position 50-60% of the time. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms/hands/fingers to operate, activate, prepare, place, position standard office equipment and technology. The employee may occasionally be required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as needed to perform assigned duties. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of weight in positioning or operating standard office equipment such as loading paper into the fax/copier machine. May Inspect shipping documents on a computer screen for 60-70 % of the work day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is in an air-conditioned/heat ventilated office building. The employee may be required to visit a shipping or warehouse section of the office building which may have higher or lower temperatures than normal for the office building. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, expeditionary maintenance, and quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply. We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance. Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - ASD-20000079
: Individual Contributor
: Feb 27, 2018, 10:07:47 PM