about 1 year ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
CANDIDATE CAN RESIDE ANYWHERE IN THE WESTERN UNITED STATES (CA, WY, AZ, NM, WA, NV, OR, MT, UT, ID, CO)
This position leverages strong commercial and technical skills and industry experience to recognize customer needs and apply InterLube-Timken capabilities and technology across the full portfolio of InterLube-Timken products and services.
The selected candidate will have responsibility for managing the sales process for assigned customer accounts or territory
Travel will be approximately 60%.
1. Manage assigned customer base or territory. Make target number of customer calls and attains sales targets.
2. Deliver high-impact customer presentations that focus on InterLube-Timken capabilities and solutions and value proposition.
3. Influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products, and prototype applications.
4. Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and other functional areas.
5. Work with Customer Engineering on complex lubrication systems, including lube systems selection. Participate in evaluating new lubrication design concepts from customers.
6. Sales Plan Execution:Develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, plans to maximize pricing, and new business attainment. Actively gather and submit customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
7. New Business Development and support of current business:
8. Submits ideas for improvements to enhance existing products or develop new products. Conduct industry or technology research to identify trends. Evaluate competitors' products and selling/market strategy.
9. Proactively identify opportunities that support market /growth strategies, including new products and services. This requires a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, customer base, market strategy, and business environment in a given market segment or Front End.
10. Develop and deliver customer training or internal training presentations.
Minimum of 5 years of sales / marketing experience.in Engineering
Preferred - automotive or heavy truck industry or fleet service engineering experience
Extensive background working with customers and developing long-term customer relationships and partnerships
Minimum: Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related discipline OR 15 years direct sales experience in and around the lubrication industry
Preferred: Masters Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.