2 months ago
The Supplier Management (SM) team within the newly formed Boeing Global Services (BGS) has an exciting new opportunity for Software Category Manager to join our team. Boeing delivers the industry’s largest portfolio of commercial aviation support and services. BGS is organized around the way airlines do business, designed to optimize the performance of their airplanes and operations, and backed by the knowledge and experience that only Boeing can provide. Come be a part of a team that manages one of the most dynamic and complex supply chains in the world.
As a Senior Software Category Manager (level 4) you will develop sourcing strategies in support of customer focused software product and services development in Boeing Global Services (BGS) Supplier Management supporting Digital Aviation & Analytics and Jeppesen procurement requirements. The Category Manager will support, align, and partner with multiple functions (Finance, Legal, Contracts, Intellectual Property Management, Compliance) to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings/value and improve productivity across the category.
* Develop, establish and maintain key business relationships and deliver against all-up business targets and function specific goals as related to sourcing strategies
* Establish project objectives with partner organizations/divisions with increased focus on business impact
* Contribute toward building an effective procurement plan for the respective business - opportunity review, business priorities, sourcing and category alignment
* Develop and deliver relevant data analysis and identify opportunities across a broad range of Procurement value drivers
* Provide leadership for specific initiatives within an assigned function aimed at delivering against the overall Procurement objectives of the business.
* Promote and implement business change with a bias towards moving project owners to thinking about early involvement of Procurement in support of key business priorities.
* When appropriate, assume leadership role to identify, benchmark, and implement best-in-class practices within the business specific categories.
* Actively support supplier performance programs using Key Performance Indicator (KPI), scorecard development, quarterly and/or semi-annual business reviews, supplier summits and contract dispute management.
* Participate in identification and development of Approved Supplier List (ASL)
* Support supplier performance management for unique business services
* Deliver relevant training content to ensure standard approach for delivery of procurement best practices, policy, and tools across business engagement teams
Function-Specific Work Activities:
* Provide comprehensive category management, including spend analysis, sourcing strategies and supplier management
* Ability to analyze and determine opportunities using advanced sourcing techniques
* Develop category expertise and depth to support internal customers, including: knowledge of industry, sub categories, supply base, benchmarks and indices as well as industry leaders, laggards, and niche players
* Analyze category details to proactively identify supply base issues to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and leverage emerging opportunities that benefit Boeing
* Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
* Evaluate supplier capabilities
* Develop supplier relationship management plan and effectively manage suppliers.
* Provide product and service expertise to geographic associates to build network participation and expertise.
* Influence suppliers’ roadmaps, design, processes, technology decisions and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations.
* Develop risk mitigation strategies for key category segments.
*Employer will NOT sponsor applicants for employment visa status.*
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
The successful candidate should possess a combination of the following attributes and qualifications
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with requisite interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with the business, Strategic Sourcing, Operations and regional teams
* Strategic thinker - anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action while also executing on concrete business objectives during the fiscal year
* Advanced analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into action
* Adept at financial analysis
* Understands how to get things done, demonstrates organizational agility to overcome obstacles, and achieve objectives within and across groups.
* Creatively develops original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
* Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills.
* Flexible hours required to span global business units and internal customers.
* Candidate must be able to travel, up to 20%
* A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Information Systems, IT, Supply Chain or related studies
* Experience with Supplier Management and/or Procurement practices and processes
* Experience procuring hardware and software or technologically complex requirements.
* At least 1 year supporting and/or working on any cloud related technology or solution.
* Experience supporting information technology teams with the ability to understand the technical language used.
* Demonstrated working knowledge and genuine interest in advanced technologies, such as cloud computing
* Experience working with complex internal customers and business partners
* Leadership experience (formal or informal experience will be considered)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award