8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Do you have a passion for process improvement? Do you have the skills to collaborate with and help influence teams to think big and take data-driven action to address development challenges and successfully deliver high-quality products? If you're ready to be part of a high-performing team where you can use your personal leadership skills to make a difference on some of Rockwell Collins' most exciting products, we'd like to talk to you about joining the Rockwell Collins Design Assurance Center (DAC).
We're looking for an experienced engineering professional who is interested in working together with others to achieve excellence in design and efficient product development life cycle execution. This position is responsible for working closely with software engineering teams to provide quality-focused technical and process oversight of product developments throughout their life cycle. As a DAC team member, you will help ensure designs meet Rockwell Collins, customer, regulatory, and other applicable quality standards & requirements. You will also influence the adoption of engineering best practices to identify and eliminate defects before delivery.
This position requires the applicant to have demonstrated experience in the software development life cycle including: planning, requirements management, design, implementation, integration, verification, and validation.
* Establishing rapport across the organization, including leadership, engineering teams, shared service teams, and customers.
* Communicating masterfully both verbally and in writing.
* Assisting with engineering project planning activities to ensure plans consider program requirements and past lessons learned.
* Assessing proactively the quality health of projects using objective measurements and audits.
* Advising project teams and leadership of design quality trends and systemic issues.
* Working with others to investigate, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions to deliver high quality designs.
* Mentoring less-experienced engineers in the areas of design quality, process, and regulatory requirements.
* Have a Bachelor's or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Working knowledge and demonstrated application of Capability Maturity Model
* Integration (CMMI) levels 3 and above.
* Working knowledge and demonstrated application of DO-178B/C.
* Security clearance.
* Strong customer focus.
* Design engineering experience is required.
* Hands-on experience as an engineer on a design & development project, including experience from planning through verification.
* A strong working knowledge of the Rockwell Collins design process, including the Technical Consistent Process (RC-TCP).
* Experience leading and influencing others in a project environment.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
● Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
● Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
● An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
● Tuition reimbursement
● And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.