about 1 year ago
Senior Software Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 44327BR Date posted 03/10/City Westford
Country United States
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of game-changing technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
* Develop software design solutions to meet requirements
* Implement software in Java in accordance with requirements
* Debug & Test software against allocated requirements
Qualification: Required Skills:
* Must have 7+ years of software development experience
* Must have strong Java development experience on Unix or Linux systems, including system libraries, threading, and networking
* Must have OO design experience
* Strong Linux software development experience required
* Strong Java required
* Strong Software Architecture skills a plus
* Experience with messaging (e.g. ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, XML) is a plus
* Experience with database design, development, and tuning preferred
* Network or Client/Server programming using sockets preferred
* Software Engineering Lead experience a plus
* C/C++ skills a plus
* Software project leadership preferred
* Flight Test or Military Operation support experience preferred
* Embedded or SBC development a plus
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Ability to drive tasks to closure
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, with the ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance.
Education: Bachelors degree in Software Engineering/comparable or equivalent experience required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.