9 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace - Anaheim manufactures nearly all galley air chillers and refrigeration insert equipment currently used by airline operators throughout the world. With over 30 years of experience, B/E Anaheim has designed and certified the broadest range of refrigeration and chiller products to suit multiple commercial and military aircraft platforms. As a reflection of our strict quality standards and adept product support program, products manufactured by B/E Anaheim achieve the market’s highest reliability levels and customer satisfaction ratings. The strength lies in the strong teamwork seen throughout all levels of the facility. We are the industry leader in new product development in fields such as advanced compressor design, thermoelectric devices application and other complimentary galley products in coordination with other B/E Aerospace facilities.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Sr. Software Engineer in our Refrigeration Products business located in Anaheim, CA.
* Responsible for full technical planning, organizing and conducting technical projects in design and development of computer systems.
* Conceives and plans projects involving assessment of limitations, defines and selects new concepts and approaches, design, development and implementation of non-routine software engineering applications by following general guidelines.
* Analyzes and investigates engineering project tasks, defines specifications and parameters, develops programs, and resolves any design considerations.
* Analyzes any requirements and structures and the like.
* Conducts independent technical investigations of software/hardware design.
* Coordinates and consolidates design efforts on major projects.
* Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
* At least eight (8) or more years applicable software/design engineering experience.
* Technical knowledge of aerospace software development.
* Knowledge or experience with designing and implementing embedded software that controls hardware such as drivers and motor controllers.
* Proficient in embedded software development written in C language.
* Proficient in software architecture development.
* Proficient in Motor Controller, SPI, IIC, RS-232, I/O and Analog interfaces.
* Proficient in Real Time Operating systems.
* Advanced knowledge of DO-178B standards (Level D minimum experience).
* Ability to define, analyze and review low and high level software requirements.
* Ability to create Software Verification Test Procedures based off system requirements.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
* Experience in all areas of the Software Life Cycle Development (SDLC).
* Experience in software verification/testing and troubleshooting.
* Familiar with problem reporting tools (such as JIRA) and requirements management tools (such as DOORS).
* Knowledge of software configuration control.
* Leadership experience working with technical free-thinkers.
* Ability to directly interface with all levels within a company.
* Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.